General Psychiatric Care
General psychiatric programs at Harbor Point Behavioral Health Center are designed to assist males and females age 11-17, struggling with a psychiatric or emotional disorder.
These programs emphasize the use of evidence-based practices to address each resident’s specific needs with individualized care. Specialty programs are also available for youth with developmental disabilities or a history of trauma.
Adolescent treatment may also address substance abuse as a secondary diagnosis.
Key Treatment Components
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Mindfulness skill training
- Trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Multi-systemic family therapy
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy
Age-Specific Treatment Options