Assessment & Diagnostic Program
The Assessment and Diagnostic Program at Harbor Point Behavioral Health Center offers a highly structured and secure setting for youth experiencing significant impairment in their emotional and behavioral functioning. It is designed for youth who are in need of a comprehensive, multi-systemic diagnostic evaluation to determine recommendations and options for treatment services.
During the evaluation period, youth receive the same therapeutic, clinical, educational, medical and recreational services as the other residents. A psychiatric evaluation is conducted within 24 hours of admission, after which an initial treatment plan is developed.
Subsequent treatment team meetings are held every two weeks to report behavioral and emotional observations and clinical updates. At the conclusion of the evaluation period, detailed recommendations are presented to the parents, legal guardians and agency representatives.
The program is available for males 8-17 and females 10-17 at time of admission, with an average stay of 45 to 90 days.
Diagnostic Services Provided
- Psychiatric and Clinical Evaluation
- Psychological Evaluation
- Cognitive Functioning
- Interpersonal Relationship Functioning
- Emotional Functioning
- Adaptive Functioning
- Personality Characteristics
- Trauma Assessment
- Suicide/Aggression Risk
- Substance Use Assessment (if needed)
- Autism Evaluation (if needed)
- Educational Evaluation
- Recreational Evaluation
- Family Evaluation
- Nutritional Assessment
- Psychosexual Assessment (if needed)
- Speech and Occupational Evaluation
- Nursing assessment to include vision, dental and hearing
- Medical History and Physical Exam
- Independent Living Skills Assessment 14+
- Career/Vocational Assessment