For Females (ages 13–18 at time of admission)
*This program is TRICARE®-certified.
Adolescent females with a past history of trauma may demonstrate self-destructive, impulsive and self-injurious behaviors associated with trauma. It is important that adolescents struggling with self injury get help.
This adolescent program serves females with a psychiatric disorder that requires a more intensive level of care.
- Self-harm/non-suicidal self-injurious behaviors (will be assessed for WINGS/Oasis programs based on level of severity)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Depression with psychotic features
- Mood disorders
- Impulse control disorders
- Personality disorders/traits
- Substance abuse or chemical dependency
Treatment Services for this population:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Individualized treatment plans
- Psychiatric services (includes medication management)
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Clinical group therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Vocational assessments/services
- Recreation therapy
- Psycho-educational groups (example: anger management, coping skills, problem-solving, substance abuse, trauma, healthy sexuality, boundaries, grief and loss)
- Other treatment modalities may be applied when deemed appropriate.
Specialized Area of Treatment
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) – DBT’s main goal is to teach the patient skills to cope with stress, regulate emotions and improve relationships with others.