Behavioral Health Programs
Harbor Point Behavioral Health Center is a private residential treatment facility in Portsmouth, Virginia, that provides evidence-based care to children and adolescents with a primary DSM mental health diagnosis. Our programs provide a therapeutic and secure setting to address residents’ mental health needs and give them the tools needed to achieve a complete recovery.
We offer several youth residential programs to address general psychiatric issues. Additionally, we have specialized programs for those with intellectual or developmental disabilities, sexual offending behaviors and self-injurious behaviors.
Components of Treatment
- Comprehensive assessments
- Individualized treatment plans
- Psychiatric services (includes medication management)
- Individual, family, recreation and clinical group therapy
- Trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Psycho-educational groups (anger management, coping skills, teamwork, feelings and emotional expression, trauma, communication, self esteem, boundaries, grief and loss)
Our Treatment Programs